Friday 2 July 2021

On the Table- Bakemono, Wastrels, Bayou

 Back with another little hobby update, we're back in temporary lockdown here in Sydney so I've been making the most of it by finishing some projects off and getting warbands done. 

First up I picked up a Bakemono warband for Bushido (I did say in my last post that I would be buying into Jung Pirates next, but I got a bunch of Bakemono for a good price and expanded from there) and got them all painted. These sculpts I absolutely love because they have so much character and I am a big fan of Bushido minis in general for this exact reason. 

I also picked up the last box I needed for my McCabe crew for Malifaux, which gave me Cryptologists and Rough Riders. I have always loved using the Rough Riders with proxies, but now with their official sculpts (which are really awesome) I will definitely be using them a lot more while I play around with the McCabe changes and GG2. I already had Jessie Halliday unpainted from when her box came out, so I painted that at the same time, and the Cryptologists I really didn't like in the renders but having their sculpts in hand I warmed up to them a lot as they look a lot better proportioned and less janky in the flesh. I really enjoyed painting these all and the newer Malifaux sculpts are very often really nice to paint. 

Most recently I've been putting in a dedicated effort in clearing the backlog, especially in getting all of my Bayou fully completed. Finishing bases has never been a strong suit of mine, and I like to procrastinate on them for a long time, so getting all of these done and finished is something that I am very happy with because I can get them all packed away and done for good, but also I can say that I have 6 keywords in Bayou almost in their entirety fully painted and based. 

No comments:

Post a Comment