Tuesday 16 February 2021

Deck Building in BMG- Batman and League of Assassins

 My 2nd BMG post in a row now, this time I'm going a bit more open and talking through the thought processes I have with regards to building crews and their decks. I tend to have a fairly set process in terms of playstyle for specific crews but they generally work off the archetypes for certain packages that I like to take as part of my decks. 


Suspect based and the "Hidden package"

Both of these crews I like to take at least one, usually 2 Hidden models to start putting pressure on and scoring cards right from turn 1. In Batman this is Bullock and a Detective with Radios, because both become insanely good suspect farms that enable almost any card in your deck that need suspects, while League it's High Security Henchman and one of the Acolytes being bought Hidden. I also make sure in League to max out on Undercover via Talia and make the most use out of Scout possible for maximum pressure. 

Both crews I like to add in a little card package based on this early pressure, starting with Flanking and Stake Your Claim. These aren't the most popular objectives for a few reasons, but I find if the opponent has to dedicate resources to stopping me from scoring these they're enabling the rest of my crew to move into position, and Stake Your Claim is pretty easy to score and there's no shame chucking it behind a plot because its only 1VP. In Batman I add Secure the Perimeter to this package because it plays right into that playstyle that I enjoy, while in League it gets a bit more violent with From the Shadows or Blood for Blood. 


Batman

Batman crews love to use Snitch, but there are a few really great cards I always try and sneak into the deck as well. The Flanking/Stake Your Claim/Secure the Perimeter combo I've already mentioned, but They Won't See Me Coming is an autotake in Batman crews mostly for the resource on it which is incredibly good. Comb Through Everything and Secure the Perimeter both also have good resources, and you should usually get use out of Get Them Off The Streets although that one tends to clog up hands far more than most cards. 

Their Plot cards are a bit more tailored to specific things, but I like to usually take Detective Work, Point the Finger and VIP with the last one being flexed between Raid or Point the Finger depending on whatever else is in the deck. With Batman being able to stack 4-5 Detective models in the crew quite easily you have redundancy for the bottom part of the plots


League

League are a bit more violent than Batman, but they still play a good suspect game and the threat they can put out is well worth considering when building a deck. Blood for Blood and From the Shadows are both good objectives with a little bit of setup, and combo well with the melee hitters in the crew as well as other objectives like Overdrive (more scoring angles while you soften things up, or Venom doses to go all out on the offensive). The Fire Rises is somewhat easy as well especially with Talia, and really almost all of the suspect based cards in the deck are things Talia loves to have because she tunes it up really well. Lazarus Pit is also a good take for the resource, but the points on it are decent too if it comes up as an option

League Plots I tend to tailor more towards Violence and Control objectives (so Set Up the Purge and A Step Ahead I always take) with a little bit of flex depending on the specific deck. I do like Shock and Awe with them too because I just have to play how I normally would to achieve it


Bonus- Teen Titans and Bat-Family

With the exception of Oracle, a deck for either of these teams will be made up of mostly Batman cards and a sprinkling of League via Damian. The Hidden package gets cut out of the deck, although I would keep Secure the Perimeter anyway, and put in a few favourable League cards like the Lazarus Pit and The Fire Rises. These give you some really great angles to help in-game and can shift things in your favour at almost any point

No comments:

Post a Comment