I've recently started to get into Carnevale after owning models for the last 4 years, getting my gaming group in with the recent MyMiniFactory Tribe. Although I already had models, and the rest of the group are printing things up, we still had terrain as the biggest obstacle as Carnevale needs pretty distinct board setups to represent the sinking city of Venice.
With the MyMiniFactory STL files came a bunch of files for terrain as well as the minis themselves, and this is where I started my collection of terrain. I've gotten all of the buildings so far released printed, with a bunch of tiles to make up the floor level of the board. These tiles I've come to realise are the most important thing, and to fill out a table you need a lot of tiles. To flesh these out without having to paint more and more of the same tiles I picked up a set of jetties while I was at Arcfest in Melbourne to make some scaffolding and docks around the brick-based tiles, while also adding a little bit of verticality to add another dimension to the table.
In the future I'm planning to add some larger ships to add to a dock table, and split my terrain collection from 1 table into 2. One will be a dock table with the more intact buildings and a ship or 2, the other will be a ruined district sinking beneath the waves. A sunken board is something I find really cool as a concept for the board, and it goes perfectly with my Rashaar to represent the ruins of San Canciano as described in the Carnevale lore. I also have the Garbino Kickstarter from Multiverse Gaming that I plan on getting printed at some stage as well, as that will add quite a few more buildings so I can play some denser table setups and have a lot more rooftop space to play with, which should make the Guild players in my group happy!




No comments:
Post a Comment