Thursday 20 February 2020

On the Table- Bushido ninjas, BMG 3rd edition

Hi all, quick little post today to start off something a bit new talking about what I'm working on at the moment and what I've been playing.

To start off, I've been playing a lot of BMG in the last few weeks now that I finally have physical 3rd edition stuff. I'm super keen for the new edition and I really love how it plays, been sticking with Batman to start but I'll dive back into my League in the next month or so for sure!
Some of the things I have liked the most are:
  • Objective cards- the randomness of how you're going to be scoring and building decks/plots is the biggest part of the new game, and it's definitely something to plan around. I love it though and it reminds me a lot of Malifaux but in a very good way
  • How thematic it is- it's comic silliness but the characters feel like they should on all levels, and that's a huge success from a game design standpoint

Next up, I've moved into a new faction for Malifaux. Not much to say here other than Misaki was an easy in-road to Ten Thunders (I owned her when she was dual-faction Outcasts, and I'm not going to just not play her) and to look for a tactica on her in the near future, but I found McCabe and was instantly taken. I love his playstyle and the crew and can't wait to get more stuff for them in the future through the Explorers Society, who I will play for sure. 

I've also jumped into Bushido purely because I happened to have a bunch of the ninja models. The Shadow Wind Clan are pretty cool minis and I'm having a great time painting them. I'm very much excited to start playing Bushido proper, already looking at terrain to play around with!


That's all for now, I'll be back in the coming days with tactica for Tara and Misaki who are both nearly done so look out for those, plus I'm planning some battle reports on other things as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment